Thursday, November 9, 2006

Sparks Of Insanity By Vinny "Bond" Marini Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"DEMENTIA THIRTEEN"

Welcome To THE COUCH...Sit on Down and Get Comfy..

OK, with all of the travels through the Blogosphere recently, THE COUCH has been introduced to an interesting concept.

It is called THURSDAY THIRTEEN.

Since we have many new friends siting on
THE COUCH recently, we thought we would do the basic THURSDAY THIRTEEN...
THIRTEEN FACTS ABOUT
THE COUCH

  1. THE COUCH is a gemini, and lives up to all the things writen about those of us born under this sign. We can be a wallflower or the life of the party...not manic-depressive, but we do have mood swings.
  2. THE COUCH loves music. Mostly southern rock, San Francisco sounds & rhythm and blues.
  3. THE COUCH recently had to leave the sofa and the ottoman behind to move to Memphis for a job.
  4. THE COUCH loves to cook, and has been told it is pretty good at it.
  5. THE COUCH still smokes cigarettes (though we have cut back to a pack every three days)...Newports are our brand.
  6. THE COUCH was once accused of rape in college. It was a totally false charge made by a young woman with many problems. We were not even on campus the evening it occurred and had 6 witnesses to back our story. - (ooops not sure Mom and Dad even knew about that one!)
  7. THE COUCH has always harbored a dream of being on the radio, spinning platters on our "wheels of steel."
  8. THE COUCH used to be a guest on a PBS television program in the Boston market. The show was called "The Group" and it was a discussion program airing 5 nights a week. THE COUCH was part of what we referred to as "the fluff-subject" group.
  9. THE COUCH has a fatal allergy to crab and lobster, almost dying when we were about 10 years old. Up until about 6 months ago, we were still able to eat shrimp, but suffered a reaction while cooking some, so we have crossed that off our food list also. - SAD.
  10. THE COUCH is a TV fanatic with about 15 shows programmed into our TiVo for viewing each week.
  11. THE COUCH has a serious fear of heights and has never been able to go near a ledge at the Empire State Building or at the World Trade Center, and once, at about 12 froze trying to climb the observation tower at Gettysburg.
  12. THE COUCH bites his nails and has his whole life. We hate the habit, but find it almost impossible to quit.
  13. THE COUCH was the kid in the neighborhood everyone picked on. Our self-esteme was very low and we never felt we had great friends until our senior year in HS. Even then, our best friends today come from our Fraternity in college, as we took the opportunity to cahnge ourselves when we entered that new population.
Wow...this was harder then we had assumed it would be.

WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT AND HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THURSDAY THIRTEEN GO HERE

'nuff said...enjoy your day.

St. J - P.B.U.A.Q.B.


Thanks for sitting on THE COUCH, hope you enjoyed your stay.




Remember .. Nets For Malaria - UNFoundation.org/malaria - find the big SI's Nothing But Net logo ... Or call 202.887.9040. Every cent goes to buying nets to place over the beds of children in Africa to stomp out Malaria. PLEASE HELP.

Keep that spark of insanity kids...It helps keep you an individual.



SONG TITLE INDEX:
DEMENTIA THIRTEEN:
Composer: Michael Ford Busbee





42 Of Your Sparks

  1. Vince,

    I knew some of the items on the list already, but was so shocked by other ones. You've lived quite a diverse life and thank you so much for sharing this.

    Hope you are doing well in Memphis.

    Hugs!

     
  2. Tink Says:
  3. Welcome to the TT family! Great list to start with, nice to "meet you"!
    My TT is about TV-series.

     
  4. Twyla Says:
  5. Glad to see you joined the world of TT. :-)

     
  6. Unknown Says:
  7. Cool idea. I don't know if I could come up with 13 things every week though.

    I did know most of that about you already. I'm partial to #1. :)

     
  8. Liz Hill Says:
  9. Once again Vinny--thank you for sharing and another grrreat idea!

     
  10. Heather Says:
  11. Great list! I could not live without lobster, crab and shrimp. I feel for you!

     
  12. DIANA: Yes, some are well kown bby those who know me...Memphis is treating me well...thanks

    TINK: Nice meeting you also...thanks for sitting on THE COUCH

    ALLY: Thank you and thanks for sitting on THE COUCH

    TWYLA: It was your blog that got me to thinking I should join in!

    BUSY: I know you are partial to #1 my B-Day buddy!

    TURN: You are welcome to both!

    HEATHER: It is difficult, but I like so many other foods, If I eat those i won't be able to enjoy the others! LOL - Hey you didn't LINK..tsk tsk

     
  13. OOPS Heather did.. DOH! LOL

     
  14. Oh, I want to do this. Can you please help me????

    Ummmm... I found out things about you that I didn't know...

     
  15. DIXIE: sent you an email...hope it helped

    ANGELL: Sent you an email also...have not heard back

     
  16. bernie Says:
  17. Thanks for visiting my 13 Reasons Republicans Lost.

    I love cooking also. Shrimp, lobster, etc - Luckily no allergies yet except to Islamic Fascists. I bit my nails until I wa 25 when I discovered that wearing gloves for a few weeks got me over the habit.

    How we lived before Tivo is incomprehensible.

     
  18. Unknown Says:
  19. Kudos again... great job! Very informative and fair-minded. And YES, I enjoyed my stay on your big leather couch (again)... same procedure as every day ;-)

     
  20. Bubba Says:
  21. Welcome to TT. Great first list! Hope you get to enjoy some of the blues spots in Memphis...a lot of fun to be had downtown.

    Thanks for stopping by! Happy TT!

     
  22. Peg Says:
  23. Hey there!

    You got me started on the Thursday Thirteen, and I thank you (I also have a little shout out to you on my blog!)

    Thanks for your comments on my blog--I've added you to my blogroll as well.

    Best,
    Peg

     
  24. I think it helped Vinnie.. I mean Vinny ... LMOO... I don't know if I did it right or not. I have the blonde roots you know.. LMOO

     
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. Damn Bond, you have started something big here. I know you didn't 'start' it, you just passed it along! THANKS!

     
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. From the mind of Meribah:

    Well, well, did not know some of this stuff about you! Afraid of heights huh? **coughs**wimp!**coughs** LOL Just kidding! Don't hit me!LOL I'm not too partial to them myself, but I would rather endure heights than have a spider crawl on me! Not the itty bitty ones, them I don't mind, but the big, juicy ones! **does skeevy dance** Ewwww! Ick! I'd rather have to endure heights AND have the Hicks Chicks rubbing their boobies on me, than that! LOL

     
  29. Coco Says:
  30. Interesting idea here, Vinny. I think I'll give this a try. Might be difficult to come up with 13 things, though.

     
  31. Mia Says:
  32. Hey, cool TT. From one Gemini to another :D

     
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. Great first list!

    It is quite sad that you can't eat crab, lobster or shrimp. I think I'd have to cry.

    Welcome to the land of Thursday Thirteen and thanks for stopping by!

    T.Bird

     
  35. Tug Says:
  36. Welcome! The seafood thing would be TORTURE...

    Happy TT!

     
  37. BERNIE: Welcome to THE COUCH White cotten gloves? or latex? LOL TiVo is my friend!

    SANNI: We love having you here... thanks.

    BUBBA: Welcome to THE COUCH Gonna have wholes lots'o'fun down on Beale Street - to be sure!

    PEG: WOW! I am honored...what a thrill... I appreciate your kind words. HEY! She called me adorable (at least when I was 3!) LOL

    DIXIE: You got your 13 up - that is all that counts!

    BUSY- Just the messenger dear!

    MERI: Keep it up and you'll find yourself leashed in the backyard!

    COCO: Just go on and vent- could be 13 of anything, not necessarily about you.

    MIRANDA: Welcome to THE COUCH - Hey that makes 4 of us if just two of us are together! burrrrr, too cold up there for me

    JOYCE: yes cousin, THE COUCH has worked as a DJ - college, and local in Rochester and also that weird network, where we recorded shows and they sold them to stations around the country to play overnight!

     
  38. TBIRD: I can still eat scallops, and clams and mussels, so all hope is not lost. Welcome to THE COUCH

    TUG: Welcome to THE COUCH No torture was watching the 2004 Yankees go up 3 games and then lose the next four. (Tug is a Yankee Fan Folks! - WOOO)

     
  39. tiggerprr Says:
  40. Welcome to the TT! :) Nice to meet you! Memphis is wonderful! Have fun there on Beale Street! :)

     
  41. Rainbow Says:
  42. OK..so what the heck did I do wrong? Why does it say delete link after my name????? Sheesh!
    Thanks, Vince for the heads up on this one! I knew most of the things about you but some were...ummm...a surprise! Thanks for sharing!
    HUGS!

     
  43. Welcome to Thursday Thirteen!

    I'm also a Gemini, as are my brother (we share a birthday, 3 years apart) and my sister.

    I'd hate to give up shrimp, although I've eaten vegan for up to 18 months at a time but I surely do love my shrimp!

    My problem is with bridges. I once found myself driving (with all passengers asleep) across Lake Pontchartrain. I was a blithering idiot once I got across that one.

    Have a good Friday!

     
  44. Great list! Thanks for stopping by.

     
  45. Lizza Says:
  46. Very interesting list! We have some things in common--the smoking, the fingernail-biting, and the fear of heights. :-)

     
  47. Travis Cody Says:
  48. You've been thanked a bunch for this idea - I'll add mine to it.

    Would not have thought of you as a guy to be picked on.

     
  49. Anonymous Says:
  50. WELL COUSIN I LEARNED MORE TODAY THAN EVER. FOR EXAMPLE DID YOU KNOW THAT I TO AM TERRIFIED OF HEIGHTS. HOW IS THE JOB GOING? I HAVE TRIED TO REACH YOU BUT HAVE BEEN MISSING YOU. WHERE WILL YOU BE FOR THANKSGIVING AND HAVE YOU YET GIVEN ANY THOUGHT TO CHRISTMAS. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GIVE THAT SOME THOUGHT. IF YOU HAVE TIME GIVE ME A CALL I WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU.

     
  51. TIGGPRR: Thanks for sitting on THE COUCH Yes beale Street is fun

    SUE: Thanks ..loved your list

    MOMS: Thanks for the welcome and Thanks for sitting on THE COUCH . Lot of Gemini's here today. Never had a problem with bridges...

    JOELY: Thanks for sitting on THE COUCH come back again soon

    LIZZA: OOOO see I love all my new friends.

    TRAVIS: Loved your list too dude.

    COUSIN: Maybe it is in the genes.. but you know I trace mine back to falling off the porch at your parents house before you moved to Commack! Be in NJ for Thanksgiving and probably in FL for Christmas.
    Will call soon.

     
  52. TRAV: I am just the messenger on this...it has been going on for a long time.

    The picked on stuff...very true.. I was very whimpy as a kid... did not like myself at all.

    LIZZA: Always a place for you here!

     
  53. Mary Says:
  54. Great list, and wonderful first effort! thanks for visiting my TT, and telling me that I am normal... I like ya already. :O)

     
  55. Anndi Says:
  56. As always, you know I enjoy reading what you have to say.. didn't think I'd get around to a TT list of my own ... but I guess it just happened.. how do you do that?
    Hugs my friend..

     
  57. MERT: Come back again soon...

    ANNDI: Loved your list - how do I do what sweetness?

     
  58. Sadie Says:
  59. Hey, welcome to TT!

    Hope you like Memphis... It seems to be a love it or hate it town...

    I enjoyed reading your blog and I'll be back!

     
  60. Sadie Says:
  61. Oh, and by the way, my TT on Nov 2 was all about Memphis. Some of it very common knowledge, some not.

     
  62. Unknown Says:
  63. Who teased you as a kid? I'll beat 'em up! I'll sic my cow on them!

     
  64. SADIE: Thanks for sitting onTHE COUCH Hope to see you again..

    DANA: A whole lotsa people...but I am over it

     
  65. Love the list. I'm working on several to share when I get the courage -- still new to this blogging thing, ya know.

    Can relate to your seafood thing, having spent some formative years in FL (listening to Southern Fried Rock!) and eating seafood twice a day five or six days a week. After I got severe hives from a CT scan (the contrast dye contained iodine as does seafood), I laid off of seafood for 15 YEARS -- yikes! About 8 years ago, I got tested by an allergist and discovered that my tolerance level had risen. I started re-incorporating seafood into my diet slowly, starting first with sharing an appetizer with hubby once a week until now I can eat a full seafood meal a couple of times a week.

    You might want to try something along those lines. It's torture for a while, but well worth the wait. Good luck!

     
  66. DESERT: Went by your "home" and left a message... Welcome to THE COUCH once again

     
  67. Julie Says:
  68. WHOA!!! Vinny (becauseit'seasiertotypethanBond)what a list! I can't wait till next Thursday!!!

    Umm 15 TV shows weekly? How do you have time to play on the computer? Or do you multitask when you play?

     

Music On The Couch