Did You Do It? Well...DID YOU?....

Sparks Of Insanity By Vinny "Bond" Marini Tuesday, November 04, 2008


While you were out and about
TRAVIS was watching the stars DANCE!
Go on over and he will have the full recap!



Click on the logo above to head over to The Teach's blog to see all the entries this week.

Folks, for this week's RUBY TUESDAY we give you plenty of pictures with not only

RED but
WHITE &
BLUE also!



COACH UPDATE: Arrived at my polling place at 6:56 am...walked out at 7:58 am...

Everything went smoothly and all of the polling place personnel were professional. I left with a total sense of pride that I was able to cast my ballot in a free country!



“Bad politicians are sent to Washington
by good people who don't vote.”

- William E. Simon




“Those who stay away from the election
think that one vote will do no good:
'Tis but one step more to think
one vote will do no harm.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson






"People often say that, in a democracy,
decisions are made by a majority of the people.
Of course, that is not true.
Decisions are made by a majority of those who make
themselves heard and who vote - a very different thing.”

- Walter H. Judd






“Always vote for principle,
though you may vote alone,
and you may cherish the sweetest
reflection that your vote is never lost.”
- John Quincy Adams






“To make democracy work,
we must be a nation of participants,
not simply observers.
One who does not vote has no right to complain.”

- Louis L'Amour









"Democracy is the only system
that persists in asking the
powers that be whether
they are the powers that ought to be."
- Sydney J. Harris





"There are always
too many Democratic congressmen,
too many Republican congressmen,
and never enough U.S. congressmen."

- Author Unknown



I will be reporting on the elections tonight
on the Dr. Blogstein Radio Happy Hour!




Radio Happy Hour

Coming up this week on DR. BLOGSTEIN’S RADIO HAPPY HOUR:
(Live on Tuesday November 4 at 9PM ET and
forever archived at BlogTalkRadio.)

We will keep you updated on any election results that come in while we’re live on the air. Vinny Bond will be counting votes from his Big Leather Couch and providing updates all hour long so that you don’t need to worry about missing anything while you’re enjoying the Radio Happy Hour!

nadia-3.jpg

Also this week, the unbelievably beautiful will have a one on one with Dr. B.Bjorlin, who plays Chloe Lane on the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives,will reveal what superhero she may be playing on the big screen, the trial and tribulations of”internetwork dating,” and what’s is like to be trapped in open water with rabid soap fans.

Plus, the best part of having the daytime hottie on the show is the excuse to post multiple photos of her on DrBlogstein.com

nadia-4.jpg
nadia-2.jpgnadia-1.jpg

Then, Tom Wilson II, the artist behind the Ziggy cartoon, will join Radio Jesus and Dangerous Lee. Wilson has been drawing Ziggy since 1987, taking over for his father who created the character in 1971.
Ziggy is an American icon and an “Everyperson” who has been featured in the nation’s newspaper funny pages for over 35 years.

ziggy.gif

All that, plus, both presidential hopefuls will call in for a last minute pitch, Vinny does double duty as he’ll also be in the chatroom chatting live with the listeners, Shawn Amos returns with another GetBack.com Pop Quiz, Justin the Weatherman, the music of Jessica Labus and we’ll take your calls at 646-652-4804.

Join us live every Tuesday night at 9PM ET. The Radio Happy Hour Lounge-a live, interactive chat room during show time! It’s the show within the show!

18 Of Your Sparks

  1. Yup, I did it. Actually, several weeks ago when I mailed in my early ballot.

     
  2. Anndi Says:
  3. I wonder why the candidates didn't recruit Ziggy the "Everyperson", mind you Joe the Plumber has the same head.

    Good luck.

     
  4. Liz Hill Says:
  5. Oooo look --there's me voting!

     
  6. DrillerAA Says:
  7. I like John Quincy Adams quote the best. Vote on principle. Too many vote for a candidate because they are eloquent, of the same party, or a variety of other frivolous reasons.
    Find out what the candidate really and truly stands for and vote for someone who holds principles and values that you can trust. Whatever you do VOTE. Great post sir.

     
  8. Bud Fisher Says:
  9. When I awoke at 7 I checked the polling hours. They opened at 6. I showered got there and was out in ten minutes. I had a strange sense of pride. Then I realised that it was because I had just voted for an African American for President. I am predicting a landslide...

     
  10. Schmoop Says:
  11. Mmmmmmmmmm that chick is thick in all of the right places. Zowie. Happy Voting Day. Cheers Vinny!!

     
  12. SONGBIRD: Most excellent

    ANNDI: It was all about the heads

    TURNBABY: LOL..yeah I thought the same thing!

    DRILLERAA: I also liked that one. Thank you Sir

    BUD: Congrats ... It could be interesting if they start calling it early and the west coast does not vote.

    MATT-MAN: Just like you like 'em Maksim

     
  13. Jay Says:
  14. I was going to say something about voting that was so eloquent that you were going to save it and use it next year in your election day post. But, then I saw that Days of Our Lives chick and got all distracted.

     
  15. Tug Says:
  16. I love Ziggy...Happy Tuesday Vinny!

     
  17. VOTE!!

    oh and *hugs Bond*

    ;)

     
  18. katherine. Says:
  19. those are great quotes Vincent...I made note of a couple.

    where we live there must be more polling stations or something cause the waits are almost nonexistant....

    maybe we are more after work and mailin types?

     
  20. Ralph Says:
  21. Voting was easy here, in and out in five minutes, probably because we live in a town of 19,000. A seamless process to vote, not hard. A tradition of mine since 1976. The voting box separates free countries from despotic and tyrannical ones...

     
  22. BeckEye Says:
  23. I remember when Chloe left "Days" because she thought she was going to be the next big thing. And there she is, back on "Days." I don't watch it anymore...haven't since all that "everyone isn't really dead, they're all on an island" business. It just got too ridiculous for me. Any time I flip it on, either the SAME EXACT shit is being said by old characters like Bo and Hope, or there are a bunch of new people I've never seen before. I did see Chloe and Lucas banging in an elevator one day, which seems like an odd pairing. Lucas has absolutely no sex appeal at all, although I always liked his character for being kind of funny.

     
  24. Fred Says:
  25. I voted the first day early voting began. It was a 45-minute wait. I'm not too sure why people would wait 'til today.

    Is this blog now rated PG-13?

     
  26. Well said, bond. It certainly appears, locally at least, that the voter turnout is going to be much higher than four years ago.

     
  27. Travis Cody Says:
  28. We were in line early, just around 6:30am and were the first in line. We got in, did our thing, and got out by 7:15am.

    Decisions are made by those who show up. I'm glad we all did it. Now all we can do is wait as the polls close and we find out what we did.

     
  29. JAY: Sorry to mess up your comedic timing!

    TUG: Ziggy does rock

    STARR: LOL...thanks Starr! heheheh

    KATHERINE: I was happy with my selections of quotes...
    It was funny, because as I left the polling station the line to get checked in was nothing and it was just waiting for a machine...so maybe I would have been better off waiting!

    RALPH: I took time reading two of the Propositions I was not aware of and honestly, I take all the time I want to ensure accuracy ...and with that 1 hourto me to fulfill my rights is nothing.

    BECKEYE: Never a soap fan myself...

    FRED: I have a real problem with early voting..call me set in my ways...but I am!

    Add it has always been PG-13..I always censor myself..my guests, however can cuss up a storm!

    RWA: Thank you again Sir...I hope it is higher all over

    TRAVIS: Very cool Sir....And yes, now comes the waiting...but at least we are not the candidates who have to wait.

     
  30. Mimi Lenox Says:
  31. It is done! What a night.

     

Music On The Couch